Kanban Maturity Model Second Edition (KMM) Pre-Order - David J Anderson & Teodora Bozheva
The Kanban Maturity Model Release 1.2 (KMM) is a new, powerful tool for coaches and consultants advising medium and large enterprises on transformation and improvement using the Kanban Method. From the author of the best-selling Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business, David J. Anderson, together with Teodora Bozheva, this new second edition book maps out the four pillars of the KMM: Outcomes; Practices; Culture; achieved through Managed Evolution. It follows the mantra that outcomes follow practices, practices follow culture, and culture follows values. Therefore, any improvement initiative must lead with values to change the culture, enabling practice adoption that in turn delivers the desired outcomes. This second edition is almost a whole new book: three times longer than the first edition, based on KMM Beta Release 1. This new edition features over 175 new illustrations, 8 infographics, and a total of 28 chapters and appendices. It is a must read for anyone tasked with delivery of enterprise scale business agility, organizational maturity and enterprise resilience. Using the seven levels of organizational maturity established and defined in the earlier edition, the book maps more than 150 specific practices from the six general practices of Kanban against organizational culture and maturity, to ensure appropriate practices adoption. For the first time, an integrated model provides guidance on organizational values, culture, and practices mapped to meaningful business outcomes. KMM 1.2 delivers a map for organizational resilience, reinvention and customer satisfaction. It provides concrete actions that enable organizations to achieve trustworthy fit-for-purpose services and exceptional business agility.
This book is for consultants, coaches, corporate change agents, and managers who must lead medium- and large-scale enterprises through a transition to improve their operations and service delivery. This book is for businesses that aspire to superior business agility, to deliver fit-for-purpose products and services, to delight customers, and to provide the security of long-term survival associated with mature businesses that consistently meet or exceed customer expectations. The KMM is designed to eliminate the two most common failure modes in the adoption of Kanban: overreaching, causing an aborted start; false summit plateaus and failure to realize full benefit. KMM provides advisors with the knowledge to create just enough positive stress to provoke improvement without overdoing it and causing a regression in corporate performance. This book covers:
- Understanding the seven organizational maturity levels
- Benefits and expected business outcomes from organizational maturity
- How cultural values map to organizational maturity
- How to drive values adoption using pragmatic and action decision filters
- How the KMM drives capability and maturity to enable trustworthy fit-for-purpose services, organizational resilience and business agility
- The KMM Architecture and an in-depth understanding of the model
- Maps 150+ specific practices against the six general practices of the Kanban Method and seven levels of organizational maturity, describing the intent, value, and expected outcomes from each practice.
- KMM-specific practices codify more than fifteen years of Kanban implementations in firms from small to extremely large, across five continents and many industries.
- KMM documents the body of knowledge that coaches and organizations need to develop sustainable change, build a culture of continuous improvement, unity around a shared purpose, and improved business outcome.
- Provides a comprehensive set of example kanban boards suitable for the whole range of organizational maturity levels
- The comprehensive set of kanban board designs provide ideas for visualizing work items, workflows of different types and complexity, risks, classes of services, shared resources, and other aspects of complex interdependent enterprise services.
- Defines in detail what practices and metrics to use—and how—for effective workflow management.
- Defines the specific Kanban practices that enable delivering high quality products and services, and optimizing economic results.
- Describes the integration of KMM with existing models and methods, in particular Lean/TPS, Real World Risk Model (by Nassim Nichoals Taleb), Agendashift, CMMI, and Mission Command/Auftragstaktik.
- Maps thirty cultural values to the seven maturity levels, enabling leadership guidance and coaching for a stronger, more effective corporate culture.
- Includes vital coaching tips that facilitate the correct implementation of specific practices.
- The KMM will help you avoid the two most typical failure modes in Kanban implementations: overreaching, causing an aborted start; false summit plateaus and failure to realize full benefit. Use the model to understand the current situation of your organization and define appropriate actions that will drive it to the desired state.
* Poster not included.